Sunday, May 23, 2010

Friendship

Twenty-six years ago a friendship was forged that has continued and grown over the years. Fifteen years ago, for our 25th anniversary we shared a week in Hawaii with our good friends, leaving our children at home to manage on their own (our 16 year old was put in charge of our younger two daughters and did a marvelous job. Although I'm almost sure the total account of the week's adventures has yet to be told.) Three years ago we planned to meet in Hawaii but plans had to be changed. This year, we once again have been able to renew our friendship in Hawaii, this time on Kauai. Isn't it amazing that with dear friends you can be apart for long periods of time, but when you meet again it's like there has never been a lapse. You pick up right where you left off, with hugs, and laughter, sharing moments from years past, and looking toward the future adventures that our friendship will find. Good friends, a blessing and a joy. A whole LOT of fun, too.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

It's hard to not have a good time in Hawaii. But good friends make it even better, I'm sure.

Robyn said...

Oh, I like Norm and Nancy too! Hawaii is great. Jeff and I have been saying all week (especially when in was SNOWing this morning) that we should quit our jobs and just go be bums on the Hawaiian beaches. Maybe we should wait to be bajillonairs and then get a house there.

Paul and Susan said...

I'm glad you get to spend time in Hawaii with your friends.