Just a week ago we traveled to the Sierra Nevada Mountains for the first time this year. What an incredible feast of natural beauty all in one day. Driving from the valley through the bright green foothills of Spring was as refreshing to the eye as it was to the soul. Most of the year the foothills are golden brown but for a brief time in Spring they are vibrant with new growth and new life. And the banquet of wildflowers along the roadways in brilliant hues of purple, yellow and blue are an amazing display of the beauty the Lord has placed here on the earth for us to enjoy. It's as if the multi-colored swaths of wildflowers that catch the eye also catch us before we hurry along missing the beauty that surrounds us. It is said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but I would venture that the eye needs to be open to the beauty first. Too often I find myself running fast through the day, so conscious of the hours that are slipping by and not paying enough attention to the beauty that is right in front of me. Wildflowers just seem to shout out to be noticed. And I have. At least on a beautiful day this Spring.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So true, Mom. I think we all get too busy for our own good sometimes. And that's when I say...HELLO SPRING BREAK!
I am officially on SPRING break and it is snowing and cold outside. I am a little sad, but I know that when the real spring comes it will be beautiful, until then I can be happy with some hot chocolate and a warm blanket.
That is a lovely picture of the spring flowers. Thanks for the reminder to see the beautiful things around us.
Post a Comment