Saturday, May 16, 2009
"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..."
"and I'm leavin' on a jet plane..." as Peter, Paul and Mary sang. It's been quite a journey already in getting ready for this monumental trip to Italy and Switzerland. I have been determined to pack light since way too many times as I've traveled I have found myself lugging heavy bags full of unworn clothing and unused items. Thanks to you fellow travelers who shared your wisdom 'o packing with me. We each are taking one carry on bag and that is IT! Well, I do have to admit I'm also bringing a rather large "purse" and can't do without Rick Steves' Best of Europe guide. Planning this trip has taken many hours of sorting through all the fabulous possiblities of places to visit and then paring the list down to the ones we want to see most. I want to see and experience "Erything!" As those who love to travel already know, the planning is almost as much fun as the journey itself. I say "almost". And the reality of the journey will begin in just a couple of days. In talking with friends and family about the trip and hearing about their experiences I am excited to try out a new country and see for myself the art, culture, food and ambiance of Italy and Switzerland. Along the way I'll try to post to keep in touch and share this amazing experience with you. Til the next post, Ciao!
Posted by Carol at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's super exciting! I hope you have an awesome experience! Bon Voyage!
One little carry-on! I'm so impressed. I don't think you'll regret packing so light. Have fun! And when you get home, I'd love to hear a long trip report.
Mom, you are awesome! I am so excited to hear about all your amazing adventures. We will have to have a LONG chat when you get home. (I should be done with teaching i think so we don't have to worry about the car ride lenght). Have fun and be safe!
Good luck, safe travels, and HAVE FUN! I'm so excited for you. You're making me want to leave on my trip right now!
I hope your trip is all you expect it too be. I am impressed you were able to pack so light. You are a smarter traveler than I am, I always take way too much. I will be looking forward to your future blogs of pictures and stories.
Post a Comment