Sunday, November 2, 2008

A True Friend

Nancy is a true friend. The two of us have known each other since 1984 when we both had babes in arms (or in her case babe in backpack), several other children in tow and husbands busy providing for our families. We are sisters, not by genetic linkage, but sisters of the heart. We have shared in the joys and the sorrows of our lives, laughed until we cried, and cried until we laughed. We can talk for hours. Once all the way to Utah. Nonstop. Sometimes there are no words. Just the quiet understanding of two friends. We have forged a friendship that will last for all time. Over the years we have been separated by distance from time to time, but the friendship that began over 23 years ago has continued and grown. We still laugh together, we still cry together. We still get ourselves into mischief fairly regularly. Our families understand and shake their heads in wonder at the bond we have. Closer than friends. We truly are sisters of the heart.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey true friend! What a lovely way to describe 24 years of total fun! We are kindred spirits from before the world began. It was just so great that Heavenly Father sent us here at the same time. One thing is must mention about the photo- the food looks a lot better than the cook!! The food was much fresher- hee, hee. I love you, Nancy

Ann said...

What a priceless gift - to have a friend like Nancy.
The rest of us have been just as lucky to have her in our lives through you!

Robyn said...

Nancy may be your sister, but she is more then an aunt to me. I have learned so much and loved laughing with you and her. I was so blessed to have such a great mentor and friend. Thanks to you both for all the hard work you put into the BEAUTIFUL open house. I'm glad you have each other.

Paul and Susan said...

I am totally envious of your friendship. I have never had anyone like that. What a treasure you have and deserve.

Meg said...

Hooray for good friends. I laugh when I look at you guys and think of what Steph and I will be like at that age! Nancy is AWESOME!