Monday, September 1, 2008

You're Still the One...and We're Still Havin' Fun!


Thirty-eight years ago this week we started on this journey together. Without a moment's hesitation we said "I do", not really knowing where our path would lead, but knowing we would walk it together hand in hand. We have a quirky way of holding hands, interlocking our little fingers... because it is more comfortable that way and it's our way of saying, "I love you." We have always done this. From the first moment our hands joined, they slipped naturally into this configuration. It is as if we were uniquely fitted to one another from the first. Companions, friends, sweethearts, confidants, cheerleaders, fellow adventurers, soul-mates. Forever as one.
Today, wherever we go we still hold hands, interlocked fingers signifying the most treasured relationship of my life. And yes, John, you're still the one...and we're still havin' fun!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Hooray! You are my heros. When I grow up I want to be just like you.

Sarah Jane said...

I always knew you two were awesome when I was growing up, but now that I've got kids of my own I realize you two are just flat out incredible!! I'm so glad you guys got married:)
love,
Kenny

Robyn said...

Going into a marrige it is really nice to have such a wonderful example to look at. I love seeing you two in love, and I always have, so thanks for sharing that with me.

Meg said...

I have always loved the little ways that you two have shown your love for each other: Dad painting Mom's toe nails, Mom making Dad lunch almost every day, and so much more. Thanks for being such great examples to your children of what true love is about: friendship, respect, service, and growing in the gospel together.