Sunday, August 2, 2009

Catching my breath

It's been five weeks since I have posted. Five very busy weeks filled with great things. We took a trip back to Utah 4th of July week and spent time with the Utah clan doing some home repairs in their various locations, taking time out for a trip to the zoo with grandchildren, getting to know little baby Ella, celebrating 4th of July Utah style, taking in a performance of "Singin' in the Rain" that Kenneth had the lead in, congratulated Sarah and Teanca on their July birthdays, enjoyed seeing Teanca in "Oliver!", took a day in the mountains at Huntington Lake for a break from the heat, spent innumerable hours preparing for our community theater production of "Beauty and the Beast", enjoyed a surprise visit from Ann and the kids when they came to see the show, spent five days playing with Robyn and Megan when they drove out for a visit, celebrated the big "60" birthday with loving attention from my family and some beautiful yellow roses from my adorable husband, attending and coordinating the performances of "Beauty and the Beast" last week and this week...and whew...here I am and it's August. And this afternoon I finally took a nap. Now that I've caught my breath, I'm ready to see what next month holds.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Mom took a NAP!?!?!?! What is the world coming to? No, really, I hope you get some much needed rest this week. And congratulations on such a successful show!

Robyn said...

Thanks for the fun trips! It has been so nice to see you so much this Summer. I had a great visit home and I can't wait to come out again for Christmas. That should give you a little time to recover.

Ann said...

Boy, you didn't do much in July. I think you need more to do in August. I know! I'll send my kids to your house!

Paul and Susan said...

Sounds like a great five weeks. I am happy for you.