Everyone has a story. I find that most people are willing to tell a story, but few are willing to write theirs down. Maybe it makes the story permanent and unchangeable once it becomes print. Perhaps there is a part in each of us that wants to modify our stories each time we tell them. Not that in doing so the story becomes inaccurate, or worse, false, but the focus may change as our lives change. What was once important to us at a stage in our life may move to the background as other facets of our lives take prominence. As I begin this Blog, and do so at the urging of my fellow family bloggers, I find myself reluctant to put into words what my mind constructs. I've come to the conclusion that I don't need to be profound every day. Perhaps as the story unfolds the readers will deem what is important--or not. For me, I begin...Page One.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
horray! NO need to be profound! I will love just being connected to your thoughts...which is part of what connects us all. We love you! and miss you!!
Yeah! I'm so glad you are blogging. It's just a fun way to feel like you are connected to people that you don't see everyday. Can't wait to read more!
Mom, you're amazing. I read your writing and once again am astounded at the way you craft language. No wonder I love words so much; I learned almost all of them from you!
Mom no need to worry about being profound (have you read my blog). I love to read your writing and I am glad to have yet another way to keep in contact with you! I love you lots.
Post a Comment